Wednesday, April 16, 2008

To Lightroom or Not to Lightroom

I use Aperture to organize my photos. I bought the program when it first came out, so Lightroom was not on the scene. Now it is. And I'm debating whether to switch to Adobe's photo management software or plunk down the money for Aperture 2.0.

I know that more people use Lightroom, but the idea of trying to migrate my entire Aperture library into Lightroom is less than appealing. Not to mention having to learn another program. From what I can gather, people who prefer Lightroom like the better integration that Lightroom has with Photoshop. Aperture can connect to Photoshop or any external editor you like. My only problem with the version I have (Aperture 1.5) is that when I send RAW files over to Photoshop, they don't open in Camera Raw. I don't know if Aperture 2.0 fixes this, but if it does then I'm sold.

No comments: