Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sigma 10-20mm

I love this lens. I've been wanting one for a long time but was not sure how practical it would be. It doesn't stop down to 2.8. But then, it's wider than the Nikon, Tokina, and Tamron zoom lenses in the same category.

So I decided to go with a wider lens that was a tad bit slower. And it's a lot of fun! The above picture was taken at the Long Beach Grand Prix. They had an exhibit on green cars inside the convention center. I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture, but it's a Lexus sedan with a matte black finish. It looks very, very cool.

And it looks even cooler shot at 10mm; instead of looking like a regular car, it looks like the Batmobile. I was practically leaning right over the hood, and the car still looks like it's a few feet away.

I can't wait to try some portraits with this lens. They may not be flattering, but they'll definitely be interesting.

No comments: