Monday, June 16, 2008

Site Design


As I continue to plow through my Project Blended website, struggling with every little detail, I'm finally beginning to understand why people hire professionals to do this kind of thing.

I know - duh.

The main reasons I keep going are that I just want to prove to myself I can do it, and I want something that I can control. So if I need to add a new gallery, or change some text, I don't need to hound someone else to do it. I only need to hound myself - which is already hard enough.

The next hurdle is WordPress - I installed it and am somewhat hypnotized with all this PHP stuff. It's hard to believe that all those weird words and symbols actually mean something, and that there are people who understand it.

And here I am, still fumbling through CSS.

Clearly there are plenty of people who have figured out all this stuff, and I like to think that I'm reasonably intelligent. The goal is to get this thing up in July. And if I haven't hurled my computer out the window by then, I will move on to re-energizing my personal website, and finally - the Big Kahuna - redesigning my photography site.

No comments: