Monday, July 7, 2008

Aperture Plug-Ins

I only have two plug-ins for Aperture 2.0: one that exports images directly to SmugMug, and one that exports images directly to Flickr. Man, have they made things easier. Since Aperture collapses everything into one library that cannot be accessed by other programs (at least I haven't figured it out), I used to have to export files as JPEGs to another folder on my hard drive, then use a different program to upload them to my website of choice. Now I can do everything from within Aperture, which is just easy, easy, easy.

I haven't explored other options for Aperture plug-ins because, frankly, I am addicted to Photoshop. I mostly use Aperture for as an organizational tool, and Camera Raw and Photoshop for editing. But I might play around with Aperture's editing options and see what they have to offer.

No comments: